Sinister greens with ‘worms’
Serves 8 | prep 5 mins | total time
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 4 echalion shallots, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced thinly
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely diced
- 1 x 500g bag kale
Fry the shallots with the garlic and chilli up to 24 hours ahead. Reheat before scattering over the freshly cooked kale.
- Heat the oil and butter in a medium frying pan. Add the shallots, garlic and chilli and fry for 5-6 minutes until softened.
- Meanwhile, cook the kale in a large pan of boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain well and tip into a warm serving dish. Season well. Scatter over the shallot 'worms' to serve.
We're not actually advocating that you go out into the garden to procure your worms; fried shallots look the part.