Pork, apricot and bacon stuffing balls
Serves 8 | prep 15 mins | total time
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 x 500g packed British pork sausagemeat
- 125g dried apricots, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp finely chopped thyme leaves
- 12 rashers streaky bacon, halved
Can be cooked from frozen
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and soften the onion in it. Tip into a bowl and leave to cool, then add the sausagemeat, apricots, thyme and seasoning. Mix everything together with your hands until combined, then roll into 24 walnut-sized balls and wrap bacon around each one.
- To freeze, open freeze the stuffing balls on a baking tray, loosely covered with clingfilm, until solid, then transfer to a large plastic food bag and freeze.
- To cook, defrost in the fridge overnight. Preheat the oven to 190°C, fan 170°C, gas 5. Put the stuffing balls on a large baking tray and cook for 35-40 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
Bill Granger's Christmas Day tips