Glazed citrus-ginger carrots
- 800g carrots, trimmed and cut into batons
- 30g butter (to make it vegan, use dairy-free spread or olive oil)
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- juice of ½ lemon
- juice of ½ orange
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 2 tbsp snipped chives, or other soft herb
- 20g toasted flaked almonds
Step by step
- Add the carrots to a pan of salted boiling water and cook for 8 minutes or until just tender but still with a fair bit of bite.
- Drain and return to the pan, adding the butter, sugar, citrus juices and ground ginger. Stir to combine and coat. Cool and chill if prepping ahead.
Reheat in a covered pan on a medium heat for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until piping hot. Season and stir in the chives. Serve in a warmed dish, scattering with the toasted almonds.TipMAKE IT VEGAN
Use dairy-free spread or olive oil instead of butter.