Avocado fries with Tabasco dipping sauce
Serves 4 | prep 15 mins | total time
- 3 avocados, sliced into wedges
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 40g plain flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 60g panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp garlic granules
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- low calorie cooking spray, 10-20 sprays
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Green Tabasco, plus extra to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas 6. Toss the avocado slices with the lemon juice.
- Add the flour to a bowl, the egg to a second bowl, and the breadcrumbs, garlic, paprika, salt and pepper to a third. Mix the crumbs and seasoning to combine.
- Dip each avocado slice in the flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs and place on a lined baking tray. Transfer to the oven and bake on the top shelf until golden, 20-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the mayo and Tabasco together, with a few extra drops of tabasco on top. Serve the avocado fries immediately, with the Green Tabasco dip.