Serves 4 | prep 5 mins | total time
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 8 shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 100g frozen peas (no need to defrost)
- 2 x 250g pouches ready-cooked pure basmati rice
- 4 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- a pinch of ground white pepper
- Heat a wok over a high heat and add half the oil. Tip in the eggs, stir to scramble, then remove to a plate and set aside.
- Add the rest of the oil and the mushrooms to the wok and stir-fry until softened. Tip in the peas and stir-fry for less than a minute before adding the rice. Stir-fry for 2 minutes then return the egg to the wok and stir through.
- Pour over the soy sauce and sesame oil, and add a pinch of white pepper before serving piping hot.
Tip We've used pouches of ready-cooked rice, but you could use leftover cold cooked rice instead. Also, if you'd like the recipe to be gluten-free, please ensure that your soy sauce is guaranteed gluten-free.
Chinese New Year Vines