DIY bacon butties
Serves 8 | prep 20 mins | total time
- 3 ripe avocados
- a squeeze of lemon juice
- a few drops of Tabasco
- 3 ripe vine tomatoes
- 2 x 220g packs molasses-cured streaky bacon
- 1 large white farmhouse loaf, sliced
- Halve and stone the avocadoes and scoop the flesh into a bowl, add the lemon juice, a few drops of Tabasco and some seasoning; mash together. Slice the tomatoes.
- Fry (or grill) the bacon until crisp.
- Put the mashed avocado, sliced tomato, hot bacon and bread and butter on the table – and have some ketchup handy. Then let everyone help themselves