Breaded pork chops with crispy sesame and balsamic kale
Serves 4 | prep 15 mins | total time
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 100g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 25g Parmesan, grated
- freshly ground pepper
- 4 pork loin steaks
- 4 tbsp Napolina light in colour olive oil
- 200g bag curly leaf kale, shredded
- 3 tbsp Napolina balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp demerara sugar
- lemon wedges to serve
- Preheat the oven to 190°C, fan 170°C, gas 5. Spread the flour onto a plate and pour the egg onto a second plate. Mix together the breadcrumbs and Parmesan and spread on a third plate. Season with freshly ground black pepper. Coat each pork chop lightly in flour then the beaten egg and finally the breadcrumbs.
- Place the chops onto a greased baking tray and drizzle over 1 tbsp of the olive oil. Bake in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes until the breadcrumb coating is golden and the chops are cooked through.
- About 15 minutes before the pork is ready put the kale in a large bowl and drizzle over 2 tbsp each olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Add the sesame seeds and sugar and toss well to coat. Spread out on a large baking tray and bake for 8-10 minutes, turning once.
- Serve the breaded steaks with the crispy kale and lemon wedges. Mix together the remaining oil and vinegar and drizzle over the kale.