Serves 4 | prep 20 mins | total time 35 mins, plus marinating
- 500g pork tenderloin fillet
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbsp Thai fish sauce
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1 small carrot, sliced into thin batons
- 3 radishes, sliced
- 1⁄4 of white cabbage, core removed and discarded, the rest finely shredded
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- 1 red chilli, sliced (deseed the chilli if you don't like things too hot)
- a handful of coriander
- a handful of mint leaves
- 1 stonebaked baguette
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
Marinate the pork a few hours ahead
- Trim and slice the pork into 1cm-thick discs. In a bowl, mix the garlic, fish sauce and soy sauce. Add the pork discs, turn in the marinade and set aside. Preheat a griddle pan.
- In a second bowl, mix the vinegar and sugar with a pinch of salt. Toss in the carrot, radishes and shredded cabbage. In a third small bowl, mix the spring onions, chilli and herbs.
- Griddle the discs of pork in batches for 2-3 minutes on each side until browned and cooked through, brushing them with any leftover marinade as they cook.
- Halve the baguette lengthways and spread the inside with the mayonnaise. Pile in the pickled carrot, radish and cabbage, top with the slices of pork and scatter the spring onion mixture on top of that. Slice into four and devour.
How to plate up curry