One-pan pancetta and chilli linguini
One-pan pancetta and chilli linguiniSubscribe to Sainsbury's magazine
Throw together our one-pan pancetta and chilli linguini - the silky pasta cooks in its own sauce!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 x 80g pack smoked cubetti pancetta
- 1 red chilli, sliced, deseeded if you wish
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 1 x 300g pack vine tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 500ml vegetable or chicken stock
- 200g dried linguini
- ½ x 28g pack fresh basil leaves
- 2 tbsp Parmesan, grated, to serve
- 80g pack of watercress, spinach and rocket
- 80g cucumber
Heat the oil in a large heavy-based frying pan, about 23cm base measurement; cook the 3 pancetta for a few minutes until starting to turn golden. Add the chilli and garlic and cook for just 1 minute. Tip in the tomatoes and stock and stir together well, bringing the sauce to the boil.
Add the linguini to the pan, submerging it underneath the sauce. Cover the pan and simmer gently for 2-3 minutes, then, removing the lid and using a fork, stir the pasta, separating the strands so they don't stick together. Cook the pasta uncovered, at a fairly active bubble, for a further 10-12 mins, stirring every now and then, until it is cooked and tender, and the sauce has reduced and coats the pasta well.
Scatter in the fresh basil leaves, add the Parmesan if using it, and serve in warmed bowls with a good grinding of black pepper.