Makes makes 400ml | Serves 8 | total time
- 250g frozen button sprouts
- 150g frozen peas
- 5 tbsp crème fraîche
- 1-2 tsp wasabi paste, to taste
Make the dip a few hours ahead, cover and chill. It can also be frozen.
- Bring a pan of lightly salted water to the boil. Add the sprouts, return to the boil and cook for 2 minutes. Tip in the peas and cook for 3-4 minutes or until the veg is tender.
- Tip the veg into a colander to drain and refresh in cold water to preserve the colour. Drain very well, then transfer to a food processor, add the crème fraîche and season. Whiz to a paste, adding wasabi to taste.
- Chill until needed, then serve with the creepy crackers (see related recipe).
Tip If the thought of using Brussels sprouts is just too weird, use a total of 400g frozen peas instead.
Will your guests freak out when they discover what the secret ingredient is?