Cheese and tomato salad platter
Serves 4 | prep 15 mins | total time
- 240g pack mature Cheddar cheese slices by Sainsbury's
- 6 medium on-the-vine tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tsp baby capers, drained and rinsed
- 140g pot Manzanilla and Kalamata olives with parsley and garlic
For the dressing
- 4 tbsp virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- fresh basil leaves to garnish
- Cut each cheese slice into 4 smaller squares. Arrange the sliced tomatoes and cheese squares on a flat serving plate, slightly overlapping them as you go. Scatter over the capers and olives.
- To make the dressing, place all the ingredients in jug. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper then whisk together thoroughly. Pour the dressing over the tomato and cheese platter and garnish with the basil leaves and a little more freshly ground black pepper.