Cranberry crêpes suzettes
Serves 2 | prep 15 mins | total time
- 55g plain flour
- 1 large egg
- 125ml skimmed milk
- 75g butter, plus extra for frying
- 5 tbsp cranberry sauce
- 2 tbsp Cointreau (or Grand Marnier)
- zest and juice of 1 orange
- Whisk the flour, egg and milk with a pinch of salt to a smooth batter. Melt a third of the butter in a non-stick 20cm frying pan, then pour it into the batter and stir well. Fry a small ladleful of batter at a time in the pan, turning the pancakes once – add extra butter if needed. You want four pancakes for the recipe.
- Heat the cranberry sauce, 1 tablespoon Cointreau and two thirds of the zest in a pan. Divide the sauce between the pancakes; fold each into quarters.
- Bubble together the remaining butter, Cointreau and orange juice in a pan for a few minutes. Add the pancakes; heat for 1-2 minutes, spooning over the sauce. Sprinkle with the rest of the zest; serve with whipped cream.