Quick salted caramel sauce
Makes 350ml | prep 5 mins | total time
- 100g butter
- 150g light or dark brown soft muscovado sugar
- 100ml double cream
- a few drops of vanilla extract
- a generous pinch of crushed sea salt flakes
Make a day ahead, cover and leave in a cool place.
- Heat all the ingredients together in a pan, stirring until the butter has melted and the sugar has dissolved.
- Drizzle over your dessert or set aside to use in these delicious recipes.
Cinnamon custard and ginger Chantilly cream