Serves 4-6 | prep 10 mins | total time
- 500ml whole milk
- 100g caster sugar
- 4 tbsp cornflour, mixed with 2 tbsp cold water
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp concentrated rose water (we used Nielsen Massey) or orange blossom water
- 15g pistachios, crushed dried rose petals (optional)
Make the puddings at least 5 hours before serving. They keep in the fridge for 2-3 days.
- In a saucepan, gently heat the milk and sugar on a low heat, stirring regularly. Just before it boils, add the cornflour. Cook, stirring constantly, until it is really thick, then remove from the heat and add the vanilla and rose or orange blossom water to taste. Pour into small glasses or ramekins and leave to cool.
- Once cool, cover and put them in the fridge to set for at least 3 hours.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with the crushed pistachios and rose petals for extra colour, if you like.