Wholewheat pasta with lemon avocado sauce
Wholewheat pasta with lemon avocado sauceSubscribe to Sainsbury's magazine
Feed the family with this wholewheat pasta recipe, coated in a creamy avocado sauce and ready in 15 minutes
- 3 large ripe avocados, stoned, peeled and chopped
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 x 28g pack flat-leaf parsley, leaves chopped
- 1 x 28g pack basil, leaves torn
- 500g wholewheat penne (or regular)
- 50g grated pecorino, Parmesan or vegetarian alternative, plus extra to serve
Put the avocados, lemon zest and juice, garlic, parsley, half the basil, 4 tablespoons of water and some seasoning in a food processor. Blitz until smooth, taste and adjust the seasoning, if necessary. Put in a bowl and chill if you are not using it straightaway.
Cook the penne following the pack instructions. Drain and toss with the avocado sauce, adding a little of the pasta water for a creamier sauce. Sprinkle over the cheese, stir. Serve on a platter or in bowls, scattered with the remaining basil, and extra cheese.