Salmon and creamy herb crumpets
Serves 2 | prep 10 minutes | total time
- 1 x 240g pack salmon fillets
- 2 tbsp crème fraîche
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp fresh snipped chives
- 40g baby leaf watercress
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and finely sliced
- ¼ cucumber, shaved into ribbons with a vegetable peeler
- 2 Warburtons giant crumpets, toasted and cooled
- lemon wedges, to serve
- Poach the salmon fillets in a shallow pan of simmering water for 7-8 minutes or until just cooked through. Remove with a slotted spoon and leave until cool then roughly flake the flesh, discarding the skin.
- In a small bowl, mix together the crème fraîche, lemon zest and nearly all the chives and season with freshly ground black pepper. In a separate bowl, toss together the watercress, spring onions and cucumber ribbons.
- Spread the lemon and herb crème fraîche over the crumpets and top with the flaked salmon and the rest of the snipped chives. Season with more freshly ground black pepper and serve with the watercress salad and lemon wedges.