Thai turkey stir-fry with chilli and basil
Serves 2 | total time
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 400g skinless turkey breast, chopped into 2-3cm pieces
- 6 shallots, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- 1 lemongrass stalk, finely chopped
- 200g sugar snaps, trimmed
- 200g beansprouts, rinsed
- 1 tbsp Thai fish sauce
- juice of 1 lime
- ¼ of a bunch of fresh Thai basil (or use a mix of basil and coriander)
- Heat half the coconut oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat until melted and fry the turkey pieces for about 7 minutes until golden and cooked through, stirring often. Remove the turkey to a plate and return the pan to the heat.
- Heat the rest of the coconut oil, add the shallots, garlic, chilli and lemongrass and fry for about 7 minutes, adding a splash of water if needed to stop catching, stirring often. Add the sugar snaps and beansprouts and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix together the Thai fish sauce, lime juice and 2 tablespoons of water. Add to the pan along with the turkey, and continue to fry for another minute or so, until completely combined.
- Serve scattered with the herbs.