Teriyaki salmon and kale bowl
Serves 2 | total time 20 mins
- 4 tbsp Kikkoman teriyaki marinade and sauce
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 25g root ginger, peeled and finely grated
- juice and finely grated zest of 1 lime, plus wedges to serve
- 100g kale, shredded
- 100g frozen soya beans
- 1 x 260g pack salmon fillets
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 x 250g pack Merchant Gourmet red and white quinoa
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 1⁄2 avocado, peeled and sliced
- In a jug, mix the teriyaki sauce, chilli, ginger and lime juice and zest. Boil the kale and soya beans for 4-5 minutes, drain and put in a bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of teriyaki mixture and toss.
- Put the salmon skin-side down in a nonstick pan over a medium- high heat for 3 minutes. Pour in the remaining dressing and 2 tablespoons of water; cook for 3 minutes. Turn the salmon over; cook for 3-4 minutes more until almost cooked, adding a splash of water if the sauce begins to catch. Add the honey and turn the salmon in the sauce to coat. Take off the heat, roughly flake the salmon and discard the skin.
- Heat the quinoa according to the pack instructions, toss with the sesame oil and toasted seeds.
- Divide the quinoa between two bowls. Top with the kale, salmon, sauce from the pan and avocado. Serve with lime wedges.