Spinach and cheese pancakes
Serves 4 | prep 20 mins | total time
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 400g baby-leaf spinach
- 1 x 250g tub ricotta
- 150g crème fraîche
- 40g finely grated parmesan
- ¼ whole nutmeg, grated
- 1 x 375g pack (6) readymade plain pancakes
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas 6. Heat the oil in a frying pan and soften the onion. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute until fragrant. Stir in the spinach, a handful at a time, until wilted, then remove from the heat. Mix the ricotta, crème fraîche and half the parmesan in a bowl and season with salt, pepper and the grated nutmeg.
- Place one pancake on a baking tray lined with nonstick baking paper. Add a fifth of the spinach mixture and spread it over the pancake. Repeat, layering the pancakes and spinach mixture, and finishing with the final pancake. Spread the remaining ricotta mixture over the top pancake and scatter with the remaining parmesan. Bake for about 30 minutes until golden on top. Serve in wedges like a cake.