Spiced lamb chops with crushed new potatoes
Serves 4 | total time
- 900g new potatoes, scrubbed but skins left on
- 1-2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 x 28g pack parsley, leaves only, roughly chopped
- ½ x 28g pack coriander, leaves only, roughly chopped
- 5½ tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp smoked paprika, thyme and garlic spice mix (from a 50g pot)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 8 lamb cutlets or chops
- 150g fresh or frozen peas
- Preheat the grill to high. Cook the potatoes in a large pan of boiling salted water for 20-25 minutes, until tender.
- Meanwhile, mix the garlic, lemon zest and juice, and herbs with 4 tablespoons of the olive oil; season. Set aside.
- Combine the spice mix with the sugar and ½ tablespoon oil; season. Rub it on the chops; place on a baking sheet. Grill for 5-8 minutes, turning once.
- When the potatoes are done, add the peas to the pan and cook for another minute, then drain. Return the vegetables to the pan and use a potato masher to crush the potatoes slightly. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil; season. Stir gently to combine. Serve the chops on a large platter, drizzled with the herb dressing, and the crushed potatoes on the side.