Sausage and apple traybake
Serves 4 | total time 45 mins
- 8 pork sausages
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 x 750g bag new potatoes
- 1 garlic bulb, separated into cloves and bruised
- 4 sprigs of rosemary
- ½ x 206g pack cubetti di pancetta
- 2 red-skinned apples, cored and cut into wedges
- 1 x 100g bag young-leaf spinach
- Preheat a large roasting tin in the oven to 220°C, fan 200°C, gas 7. Add the sausages to the tin; drizzle with the oil. Roast for 10 minutes, turning halfway.
- Cut the potatoes into quarters. Transfer to a bowl with the garlic cloves, the chopped leaves from 2 sprigs of the rosemary, the pancetta and apples; toss together.
- After the 10 minutes, add the potato mixture to the sausages, in a single layer. Season with a little salt and lots of black pepper and add the remaining rosemary sprigs. Return to the oven for 20-30 minutes, turning the sausages halfway, until everything is cooked through and golden.
- Remove from the oven, mix in the spinach and set aside for a couple of minutes to wilt.