Sausage ribollita one-pot
Recipe photographed by Dan Jones
See more recipes
Nutritional information (per serving)
- 6 of your favourite sausages
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 sticks of celery, diced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 3 fat garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 sprigs of rosemary, leaves only, chopped
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 x 410g tin butter beans, drained
- ½ x 200g bag curly leaf kale
- grated Parmesan and crusty bread
Step by step
Make up to a day ahead without adding the kale; cool, cover and chill. Reheat thoroughly, adding the kale once simmering.
- Heat a large nonstick pan; squeeze in the sausagemeat from the skins. Break up with a wooden spoon and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes until browned. Remove to a plate.
- Add the oil to the pan, then the onion, celery and carrot, and cook gently, covered, for 10 minutes; stir occasionally. Stir in the garlic and rosemary; cook for 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes and 600ml water. Bring to the boil; then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the drained butter beans and sausage. Simmer for 10 minutes. Add the kale, cover and cook for 3-4 minutes; season.
- Serve with the cheese and crusty bread.