Roast sausage and squash salad
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled and deseeded (about 600g when prepared)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 x 530g pack Taste the Difference Lincolnshire or Cumberland sausages
- 1 red onion, sliced thickly
- 1½ tbsp harissa paste
- 30g blanched hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp finely chopped coriander or chives
- 1 x 80g bag mixed salad leaves such as watercress, spinach and rocket
Step by step
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas 6. Cut the squash into chunky wedges, add to a shallow roasting tray and drizzle with the oil and some seasoning. Roast in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Snip each sausage into thirds and add to the tin with the onion. Spoon over the harissa and stir everything together to coat well. Return to the oven for 15 minutes, then add the hazelnuts to the tin for the final 5 minutes of cooking.
Meanwhile, whisk together the vinegar and extra-virgin olive oil, season to taste and stir through the chopped coriander or chives. Tumble the sausage, onion and squash mixture through the salad leaves and dress with the vinaigrette. Pile onto a large dish to serve.TipYou can use 2 x 320g packs prepared butternut squash in this recipe to save time.