Tuna and rocket puttanesca
Photography by William Lingwood
See more recipes
Nutritional information (per serving)
- 1 x 225g jar tuna in extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 3 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ½ tsp crushed chillies
- 2 x 400g tins cherry or chopped tomatoes
- a pinch of sugar
- 2 tbsp capers, drained and rinsed
- 1 x 185g jar pitted black olives, drained and sliced
- 350g dried rigatoni pasta
- 2 handfuls of wild rocket
- 25g parmesan shavings
Step by step
- Drain the tuna in a sieve over a bowl, reserving the oil. Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large frying pan, add the onion and cook gently for 6-8 minutes until soft. Stir in the garlic and chillies; cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes. Half-fill one of the tins with cold water and add to the pan. Season with salt, pepper and a pinch of sugar. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in the capers, olives and tuna; season.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Cook the pasta according to the pack instructions. Drain and return to the pan. Add the sauce and toss together.
- Divide between bowls and top with the rocket leaves and parmesan shavings.