Purple sprouting broccoli and Parma ham pizza
Serves 2 | prep 15 mins, plus 20 mins resting | total time
- 250g strong plain white flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1 tsp easy bake yeast
- pinch of sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 150ml hot water
- 3 tbsp Napolina olive oil
- 1 onion, cut into wedges
- 100g purple sprouting broccoli, trimmed
- 4 tbsp crème fraîche
- 4 slices Parma ham, torn into strips
- 150g mozzarella, torn into small pieces
- Put the flour in a large bowl, stir in the yeast, sugar and salt then make a well in the centre. Pour the water and 1 tbsp of the olive oil into the well and mix to form a soft dough. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 5-10 minutes until smooth and elastic, adding a little extra flour if the dough is sticky. Return to the bowl, cover and leave to rest in a warm place for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the topping. Heat 1 tbsp of the remaining oil in a frying pan and add the onion wedges. Fry gently for 8-10 minutes until just golden and tender. Blanch the broccoli in a pan of boiling water for 1 minute then drain and refresh under cold running water. Pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C, fan 200°C, gas 7. Divide the dough into two and roll each piece out on a lightly floured surface to a 25 x 15 cm oval. Place on a large floured baking sheet.
- Top each base with spoonfuls of crème fraîche, the onion wedges, ruffles of Parma ham, broccoli and mozzarella. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and drizzle over the rest of the olive oil.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 10-12 minutes until the dough is risen and golden.