Pad Thai noodles with mango and crab
Serves 4 | total time
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ x 90g jar Fragrant Thai Base (found in the special ingredients section)
- 1 x 160g pack asparagus, sugar snaps and tenderstem, cut into equal pieces
- 2 x 300g packs Sharwood’s Thai-style ribbon noodles
- 2 tbsp Thai fish sauce
- 2 x 170g tins white crab meat, drained, or 400g cooked small prawns
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 limes
- 1 x 31g pack coriander, chopped
- 1 large ripe mango, peeled, stoned and chopped
- 2 tbsp salted peanuts, crushed
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok. Add the Thai Base and stir-fry for 1 minute, then the veg; stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the noodles; stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add the fish sauce, crab or prawns, and spring onions; stir-fry for 1 minute. Push everything to one side. Tip the egg into the space created; allow to set, then stir to break up. Toss everything.
- Add the zest and juice of one lime, half the coriander and the mango; toss. Serve with the remaining lime, in wedges. Sprinkle with the peanuts and the rest of the coriander.
Tip Make it veggie – replace the Thai fish sauce and crab with soy sauce and fried cubes of tofu.