Orange sticky chicken with three green veg
Serves 2 | total time
- ½ tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 x 200g pack asparagus, sugar snaps and Tenderstem broccoli
- ½-1 red chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
- 100g wholegrain rice, cooked according to pack instructions
For the sauce
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 125ml chicken stock
- juice and zest of 1 orange
- 2 tbsp tamari (or soy sauce)
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the chicken, season, then cook on a high heat for 3-4 minutes, stirring regularly, until golden brown and cooked through. Transfer to a plate; set aside.
- Mix the cornflour with a little of the stock until smooth. Add all the sauce ingredients to the pan, bring to a simmer, stirring constantly, then add the vegetables. Cover with a tight fitting lid; cook for 4-5 minutes until the vegetables are just tender and the sauce has thickened. Return the chicken to the pan, with the red chilli, and toss to coat in the sauce. Serve with the rice.
When speed is of the essence, look for Uncle Ben's wholegrain rice in stores – it's been parboiled, so cooks in just 10 minutes.