Miso cod with sesame cucumbers
Serves 2 | total time
- 2 tsp sesame oil, plus extra to grease
- ½ tbsp miso paste (we used Yutaka)
- 2 tsp clear honey
- ½ tsp and 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 250g skinless and boneless cod fillets
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- a pinch of crushed dried chilli flakes
- 1 x 250g pack precooked brown rice, heated to serve
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- Heat the grill to high and lightly oil a baking sheet. Mix the miso, 1 teaspoons of honey and 1⁄2 teaspoon of rice vinegar together. Put the cod onto the baking sheet and brush with the glaze.
- Cut the cucumber into noodles using a spiraliser or into strips with a vegetable peeler, discarding the watery core. Whisk the rest of the honey and rice vinegar with the sesame oil, soy sauce and chilli flakes. Toss with the cucumber noodles.
- Grill the cod for 4-6 minutes until cooked. Serve with the rice and cucumber, and scatter with the spring onions to serve.