Lemony chicken with broccoli and spelt
Serves 2 | total time
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 30g butter
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 125ml white wine
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 small head of broccoli
- 2 tbsp capers, drained and rinsed
- 1 x 250g pouch ready to eat spelt (we like Merchant Gourmet)
- Scatter the flour on a plate and season well; turn the chicken breasts in the flour to coat. Melt the butter with the oil in a medium frying pan and fry the chicken breasts on a medium-high heat for 7-8 minutes on each side, until golden.
- Add the garlic and thyme to the pan, stir for a moment or two, then add the wine and lemon slices. Bring to a simmer, then cover with a lid and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a pan of salted water to the boil. Cut the broccoli into small florets and boil for 2-3 minutes, until barely tender, then drain.
- When the chicken is cooked through, add the blanched broccoli to the pan, along with the capers and the spelt. Cover with a lid and cook over a low heat for 1-2 minutes to warm through.