Lemon pork and crispy gnocchi
Serves 2 | prep 20 mins | total time
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus 1 tsp
- 250g gnocchi, chilled or long-life
- 1 x 300g pack 6 extra-lean pork fillet medallions, or 2 pork steaks
- 250ml chicken or veg stock (use 1⁄2 cube or stock pot), or water
- about 200g mixed green veg (we used a pack of asparagus, Tenderstem and green beans)
- 2 tsp cornflour
- zest and juice of ½ lemon
- ½ tbsp clear honey
- 10g butter, diced (optional)
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large frying pan. Add the gnocchi and toss to coat in the oil. Fry over a medium heat for 10-15 minutes until golden and crisp, stirring occasionally so that they don’t catch.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a medium frying pan. Season the pork and fry for 21⁄2-3 minutes on each side, until just cooked. Remove to a plate.
- Add the stock and the green veg to the pan and simmer uncovered for 3-4 minutes until the veg are tender and the liquid has slightly reduced.
- Put the cornflour in a small bowl and mix in the lemon zest, juice and honey to make a paste. Spoon in a little of the hot liquid from the pan and mix together, then stir it all into the pan and simmer, stirring, until thickened. Return the pork to the pan to reheat for 1-2 minutes and stir in the butter, if using, to enrich the sauce. Serve with the crispy gnocchi.