José hot dogs
Serves 12 | prep 15 mins | total time
- 3 very ripe avocados
- juice of 2½ limes
- 6 small ripe tomatoes
- ½ small red onion
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped fresh coriander
- 12 jumbo frankfurters
- 12 jumbo hot dog rolls, split
- 1 x 150ml pot soured cream
- 36 slices pickled jalapenos, from a jar
Make the salsa and avocado purée a few hours in advance. Cover them and store in the fridge.
- Peel the avocados and scoop the flesh into a bowl. Add the juice of 11⁄2 limes and use a fork to mash into a chunky purée. Season with salt. Cover tightly with clingfilm until needed.
- Finely dice the tomatoes, red onion and chilli. Mix with the coriander and the juice of the remaining lime in another bowl. Season to taste.
- Cook the frankfurters (see kitchen secret). Spread a spoonful of avocado purée on the bottom of each roll and top with a hot dog. Spoon over the salsa and drizzle with soured cream. Add 3 jalapeno slices to each. Serve.
Tip TO COOK YOUR HOT DOGS
Frankfurters are already cooked, they just need reheating to serve. Follow the instructions on the pack and either boil, grill or chargrill the hot dog sausages until piping hot, depending on how you prefer them cooked.
You can easily halve the quantities for each of the toppings if you want to make smaller amounts.