John West salmon and cheddar grills
Serves 2 | prep 10 mins | total time
- 1 x 170g can John West skinless & boneless wild red salmon
- 100g low-fat soft cheese with garlic and herbs
- 50g mature cheddar cheese, finely grated
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh dill or chives
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 thick slices of sourdough or mixed seed bread
- Drain the salmon, discarding the liquid, then add to a bowl and mash the salmon with a fork. Add the soft cheese and about two-thirds of the cheddar. Stir together with the dill or chives and season with a little black pepper.
- Preheat the grill. Spread the salmon mixture over the slices of bread. Sprinkle the reserved cheddar over the top, then grill for about 5 minutes until melted and bubbling. Serve at once.