Goats’ cheese and pepper tart
Serves 4-6 | prep 10 mins | total time
- 1 x 375g pack ready-rolled puff pastry (take it out of the fridge 20 minutes before using)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 large orange peppers, deseeded and cut into chunks
- a drizzle of olive oil
- 2 x 350g bunches of asparagus, trimmed and halved lengthways
- 1 x 125g goats' cheese log, sliced into 8 rounds
- a small handful of basil leaves
Best on the day but can be prepared a few hours ahead.
- Preheat the oven to 220C, fan 200C, gas 7. Unroll the pastry onto a lightly greased baking sheet. Brush the whole thing with the beaten egg then score a 1cm boarder around the pastry.
- Put the pepper chunks into a bowl, add a drizzle of olive oil and some seasoning and toss together. Scatter the peppers over the pastry and bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, toss the asparagus in some oil and seasoning.
- After 15 minutes, take the tart out of the oven and top with the asparagus and goats' cheese. Return to the oven and cook for a further 10-15 minutes until the pastry is golden and the vegetables are tender. Scatter over the basil leaves and serve warm or at room temperature.