Chicken liver & pancetta tagliatelle with kale
Serves 4 | prep 15 mins | total time
- 2 tbsp plus 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 6 slices smoked pancetta, chopped
- 1 tsp chopped rosemary
- 8 nests dried tagliatelle
- 25g butter
- 400g chicken livers, trimmed and cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 80g bag baby kale
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large frying pan, add the onions and a pinch of salt and cook gently for 5 minutes until starting to soften. Add the pancetta and rosemary and cook for a further 5 minutes until slightly caramelised, then tip out onto a plate.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Add the tagliatelle and cook for 6-8 minutes until al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, add the butter and 1 tsp oil to the same frying pan and heat until the butter is foaming. Add the chicken livers, season, and fry for about 4 minutes over a high heat until browned on the outside, but still slightly pink in the middle. Add the sherry vinegar and return the onions and pancetta to the pan, mixing together, then remove from the heat.
- Tip the kale into the pan of tagliatelle and cook for 1 minute, then drain. Toss with the chicken liver mixture and serve straightaway.