Cheat’s beef massaman
Recipe photographed by William Lingwood
See more recipes
Nutritional information (per serving)
- 1 x 500g pack beef mince
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, sliced, reserving some for garnish
- ½ x 190g jar massaman curry paste
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 x 400ml tin coconut milk
- 1 x 160g pack fine green beans and tenderstem broccoli
- 3 tbsp chopped coriander
- 4 flame-baked mini plain naans, heated to serve
Step by step
- Heat a large frying pan until hot; brown the mince in batches, stirring. Remove to a bowl using a slotted spoon, leaving the fat in the pan. Add the onion to the pan and cook over a low heat for 6-8 minutes. Stir in the garlic and chilli; cook for 2 minutes.
- Return the beef to the pan. Add the curry paste; cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes. Add the cinnamon stick and coconut milk. Bring to the boil, lower the heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the beans and broccoli; cook, covered, for 5 minutes. Season; stir in the coriander and discard the cinnamon stick. Serve with warm naan bread and the reserved chilli.