Cannelloni with balsamic glazed tomatoes
Serves 4 | prep 20 mins | total time
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tbsp Napolina balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp Napolina extra virgin olive oil
- 250g frozen peas
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- 250g ricotta
- 4 tbsp grated Parmesan
- 6 fresh lasagne sheets
- 3 tbsp fresh chopped basil, plus extra leaves to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas 6. Place the tomatoes and garlic in a roasting tin and drizzle over the balsamic vinegar and 1 tbsp of the olive oil. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and roast in the oven for 5 minutes until just beginning to soften. Reduce the oven temperature to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas 4.
- Meanwhile, cook the peas in a pan of boiling water for 5 minutes then drain well. Steam the spinach for 2-3 minutes until just wilted then place in a sieve and press out any excess water. Mix the peas, spinach, ricotta, Parmesan and chopped basil in a bowl. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil. Dip 1 lasagne sheet in the water for about 15 seconds then remove with a slotted spoon, shaking off any excess water. Lay the lasagne sheet on a chopping board and spoon some of the spinach mixture along one shorter edge. Roll up like a cigar to enclose the filling and place seam-side down in a greased shallow baking dish. Repeat with the rest of the lasagne sheets and filling.
- Spoon the tomatoes and any pan juices over the filled pasta and drizzle over the rest of the olive oil. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the pasta is tender and the tomatoes are soft. Garnish with basil leaves.