Avocado and jalapeno Buddha bowl
Serves 4 | prep 20 mins | total time
- 1 red onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 orange pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 4 mini aubergines, halved lengthways
- 1 tin chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika (or another spice)
- 2 microwave packs brown basmati and quinoa
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 3 tbsp pumpkin seeds, toasted
- 4 tbsp soured cream
- Green Tabasco, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas 6.
- Add the onions, peppers, aubergines and chickpeas to a large baking tray. Drizzle with the olive oil, paprika and some seasoning, mix well and roast on the top shelf for 30-40 mins, stirring once or twice.
- Meanwhile, cook the brown rice and quinoa mix according to pack instructions.
- Load the bowls with a bed of grains, topped with roasted veg and chickpeas, avocado slices and pumpkin seeds.
- Garnish with a dollop of soured cream and Green Tabasco.