Avocado and black bean tacos
Serves 4 | prep 10 mins | total time
- 8 small, plain tortillas
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 red onions, sliced
- 400g tomato salsa
- 3 tins black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 ½ tbsp fajita seasoning
- 2 tsp garlic granules
- 2 avocados, diced
- 4 tbsp Greek yoghurt
- 3 tsp Green Tabasco
- 2 Little Gem lettuces, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 220°C, fan 200°C, gas 7. Place the tortillas on two large baking trays, well-spaced and not overlapping. Drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil, season with a little salt and bake until golden and crispy, 10-15 minutes. You might need to do this in batches.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan, and add the onion. Cook for 5 minutes until starting to soften then add the garlic and cook for another 2 minutes. Add the salsa, beans, half the lime juice, fajita seasoning, garlic granules and some seasoning. Simmer gently for 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the diced avocado to a small bowl with the remaining lime juice. Mix the yoghurt and Tabasco in another small bowl, this is your sauce.
- Top the crispy tacos with the shredded lettuce, black bean mix, lime avocado and green yoghurt sauce. Enjoy, then load up another taco for seconds!