- 3 tbsp oil
- 75g chorizo, diced
- 50 stale white bread, cut into 2cm wide cubes
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 300g parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 Royal Gala apples by Sainsbury's, peeled, cored and diced
- 2 Conference pears by Sainsbury's, peeled, cored and diced
- 800ml chicken stock
- 60g blue Stilton
Step by step
- Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a large frying pan and cook the chorizo for 3 minutes until crisp. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Add the bread cubes to the pan and coat in the chorizo oil. Cook for 3-4 minutes then turn over and cook on the other side for a further minute. Remove from the heat and cool.
- Heat the remaining oil in a saucepan and add the onion and parsnips. Cook for 10 minutes until softened.
- Add the garlic, apples and pears and cook for a further 5 minutes.
Add the chicken stock, stir and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes until the parsnips are tender. Remove from the heat and season.
- Blend the mixture along with the stilton in a food processor until smooth. Ladle into bowls and top with the cooked chorizo and croutons to serve.