Anchovy and chilli spaghetti
Serves 4 | prep 10 mins | total time
- 300g spaghetti
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 50g fresh white breadcrumbs
- zest and juice of 1 small lemon
- 1 x 100g jar La Monégasque Anchovy Fillets a la Provençale
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 small red chilli peppers, deseeded and thinly sliced
- Cook the spaghetti in a large pan of boiling salted water according to the pack instructions until just tender.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan and fry the breadcrumbs over a medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes, stirring, until crisp and golden. Transfer to a bowl and add the lemon zest.
- Drain the oil from the jar of anchovies into the same frying pan and add the onion and chilli. Gently fry for 5 minutes until they begin to soften. Roughly chop the anchovies and add them to the frying pan. Gently cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and add to the frying pan along with the lemon juice. Toss well to coat the pasta in the anchovy sauce and season to taste with freshly ground black pepper. Serve in warmed pasta bowls with the fried breadcrumbs sprinkled on top.