Lebanese turkey salad
Serves 4 | prep 15 mins | total time
- 1 large wholemeal pitta
- 100g Greek yogurt
- ½ tsp ground cumin (optional)
- 200g cooked turkey, shredded
- 70g wild rocket
- 3 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tbsp chopped coriander
- ½ cucumber, halved, deseeded and sliced
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 50g dried apricots, chopped
- 50g pistachio nuts, chopped
For the dressing
- ½ tsp coriander seeds
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon, to taste
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas 4. Cut the pitta in half, place on a baking tray and toast in the oven for 10-15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- For the dressing, toast the coriander and cumin seeds in a pan for 1-2 minutes. Grind to a powder in a pestle and mortar.
- Whisk together the oil and lemon juice. Add the garlic, onion and spices, and season.
- Mix together the yogurt, ground cumin (if using), turkey and some seasoning.
- Put the rocket, herbs, cucumber and tomatoes in a bowl; add the dressing. Crumble in the pitta.
- Pile the salad on to a plate; top with the turkey. Sprinkle over the apricots and pistachios.