Ham and potato hash cakes
- 500g cold roasted potatoes
- 125g ham, roughly chopped
- ½ small onion, roughly chopped
- a small handful parsley
- 3 tbsp capers
- ¼ tsp mace, optional
- 5 large eggs
Step by step
- Put the potatoes, ham, onion, parsley, capers and mace, plus one of the eggs and some seasoning into a food processor and pulse until well combined. Shape into 8 round patties (this is easiest if your hands are wet).
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large, nonstick frying pan and cook the hash cakes on a low-to-medium heat for 8-10 minutes, turning occasionally, until browned on the outside and hot through (cook in batches if necessary).
- While the hash cakes are cooking, heat a splash of oil in another frying pan and fry the four remaining eggs. Serve two hash cakes per person, with a fried egg on top.