Hot smoked trout pâté
Serves 6 | prep 15 mins | total time 15 mins
- 3½ tbsp capers, drained and rinsed
- 1 x 25g pack dill
- 2-3 tsp Colman’s English mustard powder, to taste
- 450g hot smoked trout, skin removed
- 3½ tbsp oat cream
- 1½ tbsp lemon juice, plus wedges, to serve
- 1½ tsp agave syrup
Make the day before; chill
- Finely chop the capers and dill and make up the mustard powder with 2-3 teaspoons water, stirring until smooth. Place half the smoked trout in a food processor or blender with the chopped capers, mustard, oat cream, lemon juice and agave syrup and blend until smooth.
- Break up the remaining trout into small flakes and stir into the blended pâté with the chopped dill and a grinding of fresh black pepper. Season to taste; add more lemon juice if it needs it. Cover and chill in the fridge for an hour before serving.
Tip If you can't find oat cream and can tolerate soya, use Alpro Soya dairy-free alternative to single cream instead.