Salmon, spinach and crème fraîche bake
Serves 4 | prep 10 minutes | total time
- 2 x 240g packs salmon fillets
- 450g Sainsbury's Taste the Difference Gem baby new potatoes, sliced
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 8 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- 1 x 300ml carton crème fraîche
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 x 100g bag young spinach leaves
- 100ml milk
- Pinch of grated nutmeg
- 25g unsalted butter, melted
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Steamed green beans, to serve
- Poach the salmon in a pan of simmering water for 7-8 minutes or until just cooked through. Remove with a slotted spoon then roughly flake the flesh, discarding any skin and bones.
- Meanwhile, boil the sliced potatoes in a pan of lightly salted water for 8-10 minutes or until just tender. Drain well and set aside. Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas 6.
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan and add the spring onions, fry over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes then stir in the crème fraîche and lemon juice. Simmer gently, stirring until the crème fraîche has melted. Stir in the milk and simmer for 1 minute then stir in the spinach and nutmeg and cook for a further 1-2 minutes until the spinach has just wilted. Remove the pan from the heat and fold in the flaked salmon. Season to taste.
- Spoon the mixture into a large shallow ovenproof dish. Top with the potatoes and brush over the butter. Sprinkle with a little more freshly ground black pepper and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until the potatoes are golden. Serve with steamed green beans.