Crispy salt and pepper salmon
Serves 4 | prep 10 mins | total time
- 4 skinless and boneless salmon fillets
- 100g crispy breadcrumbs with sea salt & black pepper (e.g. Barts)
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 large egg
- oil, for greasing
- garlic mayonnaise, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas 6.
- Tip the crumbs on to a plate and mix with the lemon zest. Crack the egg into a bowl and beat lightly.
- Dip each piece of salmon first in the egg and then in the breadcrumb mixture, turning the fish and patting the breadcrumbs to make them stick. As they are ready transfer the pieces of coated fish to a lightly oiled shallow-sided baking tray.
Tip If you can't get hold of the Bart crispy crumbs, use other ready-made or homemade crumbs and season with freshly ground black pepper and crushed sea salt.
Bake the salmon for 20 minutes. Serve with the garlic mayonnaise and our warm lemon, tomato and bean salad.