Crab and courgette chilli pasta
Serves 4 | total time
- 2 large courgettes, coarsely grated
- 400g dried linguine
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 red chillies, deseeded and sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 x 170g tins white crabmeat, drained
- zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- ½ x 28g pack flat-leaf parsley
- Put the grated courgette into a colander and press to squeeze out as much moisture as you can. Pat dry with kitchen paper and set aside. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Add the linguine and cook according to the pack instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large frying pan, add the chilli and garlic and heat gently for 3-4 minutes without allowing the garlic to colour. Add the grated courgette and sauté, stirring, for 3 minutes. Then add the drained crabmeat, the zest of the 2 lemons and the spring onions. Stir for 2-3 minutes.
- When the linguine is cooked, drain and add to the pan with the crab mixture, along with a tablespoon of the cooking water. Add the lemon juice and the parsley and toss together. Season to taste.
Tip Make this veggie by swapping the crab for crumbled feta and chopped walnuts