Poached eggs with crispy Parma ham and pesto
Serves 2 | prep 10 minutes | total time
- 6 slices Parma Ham by Sainsbury's
- 4 eggs
- a few Parmesan shavings
For the pesto
- 25g pine nuts
- 40g basil
- 25g Parmesan shavings
- 80ml olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Toast the pine nuts in a dry frying pan then place into a food processor or pestle and mortar and blend together with the other pesto ingredients until smooth.
- Fry the Parma ham slices in a large frying pan until crisp.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pan of water to the boil and turn down to a simmer. Break the eggs into the water and simmer gently for 2-3 minutes until they have set with soft yolks.
- Plate up the crispy Parma ham. Top with the poached eggs, pesto and a few Parmesan shavings.