Red berry galette
Red berry galetteSubscribe to Sainsbury's magazine
The perfect dessert for sharing. Serve with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream
- 300g summer fruits, defrosted
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste or seeds from ½ vanilla pod
- 375g pack of ready-rolled shortcrust pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ tbsp granulated sugar, for sprinkling
- a scoop of vanilla ice cream, to serve
Heat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas 6. Drain the defrosted summer fruits in a sieve to remove any juice, and shake well. Tip into a bowl, sprinkle over the cornflour, 2 tablespoons granulated sugar and vanilla bean paste or seeds from vanilla pod. Toss well to mix.
- Unroll the shortcrust pastry onto a lightly floured work surface. Using a rolling pin, roll out the pastry to make a square shape rather than a rectangle. Transfer to a large lined baking sheet, and cut a notch in the top of the pastry for the bow of the heart, then trim the pastry to look like a rough heart shape.
- Spoon the fruits into the middle and spread out, leaving a 5cm border all around. Fold the pastry border over the fruit in small sections, tucking and pleating as you go.
- Brush the pastry with beaten egg and sprinkle over the remaining ½ tbsp granulated sugar. Bake for 30-35 minutes until golden and the fruit is bubbling. Leave to cool slightly before moving. Serve with vanilla ice cream.