Queen crêpe Suzette
Serves 4 | prep 15 minutes | total time
For the pancakes
- 100g plain flour
- 2 medium eggs
- 300ml semi-skimmed milk
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- butter for frying
For the topping
- 3 tbsp caster sugar
- 250ml squeezed Queen citrus by Sainsbury's juice
- zest of one Queen citrus by Sainsbury's
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Grand Marnier
- 50g unsalted butter in small pieces
- 1 Queen citrus by Sainsbury's, peeled and segmented
- To make the pancakes, sift the flour into a bowl and make a well in the centre. Crack the eggs into the well and pour in the milk and oil. Whisk until the flour has been incorporated and the batter is smooth.
- Heat a nonstick frying pan over a medium heat, add a little butter and pour in a ladleful of batter. Swirl the pan to coat with the batter and fry each side for 1 minute. Remove from the pan and set aside, layering the pancakes between sheets of baking paper. Repeat until you have 8 pancakes.
- Clean the pan and place over a low heat. Add the caster sugar and heat without stirring until you have a deep amber coloured caramel. Immediately slide the pan off the heat and add the Queen juice and zest, lemon juice and Grand Marnier and return the pan to the hob. Simmer until any set caramel has melted then add the butter. Simmer gently for a further 1-2 minutes until the sauce is glossy and slightly reduced.
- Fold the pancakes into quarters and slide into the pan with the Queen segments. Heat through gently, spooning the sauce over the pancakes. Serve immediately.