Serves 6-8 | prep 10 mins plus chilling | total time
- 1 x 500g shortcrust pastry block by Sainsbury's
- 6 tbsp apricot jam
- 12 apricots by Sainsbury's, halved and stoned
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp demerara sugar
Preheat the oven to 190°C, 170°C fan, gas 5.
- Roll the pastry out to an approximate 30cm round shape, trim to neaten. Transfer to a baking sheet lined with baking parchment and chill for 30 mins while you prepare the apricots.
- Place the apricot jam in a medium bowl, add 1/2 tbsp warm water and mix well to loosen. Add the apricots and mix gently to coat in the jam.
- Pile the apricots in the centre of the pastry, leaving a 5cm border. Pull up the sides of the pastry and pleat around the apricots, use a little beaten egg to secure the pleats in place if necessary. Brush the pastry with the remaining egg, then sprinkle over the sugar (concentrating on the pastry). Bake for 25-30 mins until the pastry is golden and the apricots are soft. Serve warm or cold with cream or crème fraiche.